Friday, June 28, 2013

Divine Mentor - Faithful servant

Scripture:Psalms 86 A Prayer of David

Turn to me and have mercy on me;
 show your strength in behalf of your servant;
 save me, because I serve you
 just as my mother did.


Observation:
David is praying to God;as well as praising all the good he has already done for him.

No matter what is going on in our lives, we tend to find that what ever we are subconsciously thinking about will be applicable in your bible readings.  Today I am focusing on the word "Mother" since I am struggling with decisions that I am making as a mother.  Many of you know that I have a son that is currently incarcerated and is awaiting court to learn how much time he will spend in prison.  In Feb of this year I filled a restraining order against him and we have not seen or spoke to each other since.  This process has been easier for me since he is incarcerated but for him; I can only imagine that he feels abandoned and angry.

I wonder if he calls out to God like David did in this verse.  While my children have been exposed to God neither of them have made a decision to turn their lives and wills over to God.  In the past when my son was jail; this is not his first time, he would tell me often that he while in jail he found God.  While he made this statement I also realized that he never brought him (God)  home with him. I really tried to live my life as an example to my children.  Sure I have made many mistakes but I have acknowledged them, asked God to heal them and have refrained from making the same mistakes again.  While I think my children have learned a lot from me I still wonder if they look at me as a faithful servant of God.

Application:  
I desperately want to be a faithful servant of God and while I do many things in Gods name, the one thing I feel I fall short on is doing my daily quiet time with God.  Debbie McGrath has shared with me so many stories of how God has spoken to her through her daily reading.  I am envious of her quiet time with God.  The only one stopping me from my quiet time with God is "me".

Prayer:
Father I desire to be your faithful servant.  I want to be the example to my children and I am grateful to you that still continue to pursue their young hearts.  You are a faithful father that never gives up on his children, just as I will never give up on my children.  Thank you for loving us even when we don't deserve it. Please help me to bring balance into my life and I look forward to meeting with you again tomorrow for our special time together. Oceans of Love from your faithful servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment