Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Foolish Heart

Today's Reading: Proverbs 28-29; Psalm 60; Romans 16
Scripture: Proverbs 28:26 "He who trusts his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered."

Observation: Have you ever been told to "Follow your heart?" My granddaughter, recently a high school grad, is being told by many to "follow your dream." Decades ago, Frank Sinatra proudly declared to my generation that "I did it my way." According to God's word, there is a problem here! The prophet Jeremiah tells us that our heart is deceitful and desperately wicked and that no one can know it, even we ourselves (Jer.17:9).

Application (how will I be different today because of what I have just read?):
I will not trust my heart- I will trust God with my heart (Prov.3:5). I will study His word and talk with Him in prayer so that, moment by moment, my heart becomes His heart. I do not want to be a fool---I want to walk wisely.

Prayer: Lord, take my heart and make it Yours. I surrender it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment