Sunday, August 18, 2013

Divine Mentor - Because she Lingered - by Laila Wahba


Because she lingered

John 20.10 Then the disciples went back to their homes.

20.11-15 But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking..

Peter and John did “what they had to do”: they saw the situation, believed and went back home. They did not do anything wrong; but Mary lingered. Being a woman  made her linger, being emotional, made her linger; being a woman with a past whom Jesus had free, made her linger and this very lingering blessed her: she saw angels, and she saw… Jesus.

I am a to do, goal oriented woman, God spoke to me this morning that Peter and John checked their “to Do” list, and no one could blame them, but Laila, checking the to do list sometimes makes you miss so may blessings. Take your time Laila, and linger a little bit longer: tell me about your feelings, your struggles, your fears. This is not wasted time: lingering gives me time to appear to you in ways that you would never experience if you stick to your check list; or if you stick to the proper way to do things, or if you hurry through your time with ME. Linger, wait, “waste” time and you will see things that no one else experienced, just like Mary Magdalene.

Lord, today I will linger a little bit longer, like a woman madly in love with her Savior, wanting to spend one more second with You, Jesus, the lover of my soul. I do not want to leave you Lord, let me linger to see YOUR lovely face, and hear you say “Laila, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking”? and my answer will be, “I seek you Jesus”. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment