Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Divine Mentor- I Will To Rejoice


Habakkuk 1-3; John 8
Scripture: Habakkuk 3:18 " Yet I will rejoice in The Lord , I will joy in the God of my salvation."
Observation: Habakkuk says he will rejoice no matter what the circumstances. He does not say he will be "happy", but that he will have joy. His rejoicing is not an emotional response to what he is experiencing-- it is an intentional response to God when rejoicing is far from the normal, expected human response.

Application: This is a tough week for me even after 10 years. Joe's birthday and our wedding anniversary used to be days that naturally caused me to rejoice, but now they hold only memories and the sadness of not being together, BUT I chose to rejoice in God, and He has been faithful. He is my joy every day of my life.

Prayer: Dear God, You promised to be my husband when Joe went to be with You, and I willed myself to rejoice in You all the rest of my days. Thank You for Your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment