Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Divine Mentor- How Do I Love?

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 13-15; John 15

Scripture: John 15: 13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."

Observation: Jesus is the perfect picture of the greatest love. Every disciple, including Paul, gave up the life he had known and even his physical life so that others could know Jesus. Believers throughout the centuries that followed gave up their homes and families, many eventually their lives, to take Jesus to others. Even today, believers are placing their lives in danger for the sake of the Gospel, and many are tortured and killed.

Application: I am ashamed to think about how little, if anything, I lay aside for my friends (let alone people I don't know). Sacrifice!! What sacrifices do I make? Maybe occasionally my calendar, my time, my money and possessions? Not really. What about my choice of TV programs and books? A good night's sleep? Would my life really be any different from what it is right now if I were not a believer committed to follow Jesus in obedience?

Prayer: Jesus, I can do nothing without You, but I want to be willing to give up everything so that others may know You. Show me today how to lay down my life of comfort in ways I may not have known. Show me how to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment