Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Divine Mentor - Overcoming Blindness - Debbie Higginbotham


Overcoming Blindness

Scripture that spoke to me:

S. John 9:3  Jesus answered "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him".

O.The passage is speaking about the blind man that Jesus healed. He was born blind and the disciples wondered who in the family sinned for this man to be born blind. This is the thought process that most people have when bad things happen. They ask what sin did I commit, or did someone in my family commit that I deserve this hardship in life or just why me Lord? It's easy in our flesh to look for an answer in the trials and hardships of life, but sometimes we don't find the answer. We are blinded by circumstances in our life and fail to see how God works these circumstances into something good for us as well as others. When something happens to you it could bless someone else and when you step back to see that, you can thank our Father for using you to bless someone else. Don't ask why me, ask why not me?

A. I have the privilege of having met such a person. He is the blind man so to speak from John 9. He is a young man in his 20's and has lived with a disease most of his life. He spends a lot of time making trips back and forth to the hospital when he becomes sick, which is often. The minute he leaves the hospital though his first thought is I have to go to church. This is very important to him. He loves God and loves his church. Recently he suffered a brain aneurysm. It burst in his head and he was rushed to the hospital. He was in the hospital for weeks and through much prayer he is improving, but during that time he had to have a total blood transfusion. God has spared this young guy so that he is a blessing to others. He didn't get sick because of his or his parents sins, it's God's way of using him to bless others and this boy knows that God uses him for that purpose. He never complains about being sick or the frequent visits to the hospital, rather he looks forward to serving in his church. He has blessed the nurses in the hospital with his attitude and the prayers they witnessed that saved him. If these nurses did not believe their was a God, I think they must believe it now. This young man blesses people everyday through his circumstances.

P. Father please help me to see your blessings in every circumstance in my life as this young guy does. Help me to bless others in how I look at those circumstances and not feel as though I am being punished because of my or my family's sins. We are so blessed if we overcome the blindness to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment