Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Divine Mentor - God is in Your Midst!! - Laila Wahba


Scripture Reading for Today: Zeph. 1-3, John 9

Scripture that spoke to me:
Zephaniah 3:17-20

The Lord your God is in your midst,
 a mighty one who will save;
 he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
 I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.
 Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
 At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
 when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.

Observation

The Lord is:
In your midst: just hit me how happy, and proud I should feel that God Himself is in my midst. Who else do I need? 
God rejoices over me with gladness: although He knows me through and through, yet He also rejoices over even the baby steps I take in my relationship with Him.
He will quiet me with His love: once more The Lord says shshshshshshs rest Laila, rest in My love.
He will exult over me with loud singing: come and see everybody, this is my daughter with whom I am we'll pleased (I have tears in my eyes just imagining this).
From then on He does EVERYTHING: deal with my oppressors, save my lameness gather me when I am outcast  or oppressed. What will God do with the oppressed, lame and outcast? He will not throw them away like the society does, NO He will change my shame into praise, change my shame into renown, bring me in welcoming me, and restoring my fortune.

Application
Lord, you do it all. You see me with eyes of love. Your love is awesome.

Prayer
Thank you Lord that you love me s much .

No comments:

Post a Comment