Friday, August 9, 2013

Divine Mentor- Is Jesus Still Weeping?

Today's reading: Jeremiah 3-4; John 11

Scripture: John 11:35 "Jesus wept."

Observation: Jesus wasn't crying because his friend Lazarus had died. He knew He could raise him back to life. Jesus cried for everyone around Him, especially those closest to Him, because of their lack of faith and belief in Him.

Application: I believe in Jesus. I believe He has power over death and disease. I believe Him when He says I will never die but will live in eternity with Him. I echo Martha's words, " Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God." (v.27) Why, then, do I ever allow the events of my life to bring doubt, fear, or unrest into my heart and mind? How different would I be today if I truly believe and totally trust Jesus when He says, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" (v 40). How often is He weeping over me?

Prayer: Dear Jesus, I can remember so many times you must have wept over me, and that makes me heartsick. Just like Mary and Martha, I often think you could have prevented a crisis but can do nothing once it had happened. Please keep sending me to Romans 8:28 in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment