Monday, August 5, 2013

Stay out of the way

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 35:21

"...God told me to hurry. Stop opposing God who is with me; don't make Him destroy you."

Objective:
Neco the king of Egypt was on a mission for God and King Josiah who had pledged his heart, mind and everything to God thought he needed to intervene against an attack Neco was making. Josiah decided to ignore Neco's warning that he was on a righteous mission and was killed as a result of his disobedience.

Application:
Sometimes we as Christians get so "holy" we tend to forget that God can bless someone other than us.  We get so involved in what someone else is doing getting in their way we bring destruction on ourselves.  We also can sometimes forget we are the ones that God is behind when He tells us what to do. So we allow the distractions of other Christians (because our faith isn't strong enough to believe when God speaks to us) to change or even stop our steps ordained by God.  We have to be more like Neco and stand firm in our faith and not let no man keep us from doing what we know to be God's plan.  So we have to make a decision - do we allow someone else to stop us from our destiny or do we push on and allow God to deal with the distraction?

I heard a quote in a movie yesterday that this verse makes me think about. "Plant your feet and stand firm. The only question to have to worry about is where to plant your feet."  I want to plant my feet in my faith with our Father.

Prayer:
Lord, please continue to show me patience and mercy as we continue our love affair.  Please give me the discernment and the strenght to stand strong in your protection. Also, allow me to know when to stay out of someone else's way with my own agenda. Make me more like Neco in the sense of obedience. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment