Thursday, August 1, 2013

Divine Mentor - Holy Spirit by - Laila Wahba


Scripture that spoke to me:

John 3: 34-36 For he whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure. The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him

Observation:
It is amazing to me that John the Baptist understood the Trinity so well and realized that whoever believes in the Son has eternal life although Jesus had just started His ministry. John the Baptist realized that God gives the Spirit without measure. Only the Holy Spirit could have given him this spiritual discernment and knowledge. He had not seen any miracles performed yet.

Application
I need God to fill me with His Holy Spirit to understand the things of God. I also need the Holy Spirit to declare God’s truth even if it seems uncomfortable.
John was very clear: Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Prayer

God, fill me with your Holy Spirit that I might understand; so that I might know that there is no salvation without Jesus, whatever the world, whatever religions say: Only YOU can save. Lord help me declare your truth..in love, but help me stay focused all the time that only YOU can save.

No comments:

Post a Comment