Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Daily Lamp and an Eternal Light

Today's Reading: Ps. 117, 119:81-176;  2 John, 3 John

Scripture: Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalms 119:105)

Observation: God's word is both a flashlight and a streetlight. Like a flashlight, it will show us where to take our next step no matter how dark the night. As long as we hold tight to this flashlight, the light  of His word will reveal our next step no matter how the road twists and turns.
   His word is also a streetlight, which gives us the confidence that He lights the entire path of our lives. There will be times when our flashlight goes dim or fails us because we are not reading His word or deliberately ignoring it; however, that does not affect the streetlight. By His grace and mercy, He will keep us on the path He has lighted for all eternity and will draw us back to His Word so that our flashlight may be recharged for our daily step by step walk.

Application: As yet another year draws to a close, I look back on these past 3 years I have followed (some days more faithfully than others) the Divine Mentor Bible Reading plan, reading and journaling each morning. What a life-changer!  I have fallen in love with God's Word all over again. I look forward with anticipation and excitement to what I will see in the Word this coming year that I have never seen before- beginning again in Genesis in 6 days!

Prayer: My God, You are truly my daily lamp and my eternal light; however, I confess that prayer is still a weak area in my life.  Holy Spirit, in this coming year, give me the same deep desire for an intimate prayer life that I have felt for the study of the Word. Teach me to pray as Jesus prayed. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment