Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Divine Mentor: Be Still: By Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading: 
Revelation 10-14

The verse I chose today is Revelation 13:9:

If anyone has an ear, he should listen.

This verse is repeated throughout the book of Revelation.

I thought - what happens when I truly listen?  The only way 
for me to listen to God is to be still!
When I am still...

I reflect

I rest
I think
I pray
I journal
I see more clearly
I know He is God
I learn to trust God
He speaks truth to me.
It sets me free from busyness
The Holy Spirit melts my hard heart

We live in a society that values busyness: busyness can be a sad and seductive addiction.  "Being Still" is the standard for serious followers of Christ.


What happens when you are still and listen to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment