Monday, December 30, 2013

An Ending and a Beginning

Divine Mentor Reading: Revelation 15-18

Scripture: "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful." (Revelation 17:14 NASB)

Observation: Revelation is an exciting book to study but can be confusing and difficult to understand and interpret. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for John, isolated on the Island of Patmos, to see these visions of the end time to come. Regardless of your depth of study or the interpretation you accept, this verse says it all:  Those of us who faithfully follow Jesus, our Lord of lords and King of kings, will be victorious whenever and however the world ends.

Application: As I come to the last two days of 2013, I look back over the year that is coming to an end. I am grateful that it was a relatively calm year for our family - no major events or serious illnesses. Many of my friends have loved ones who went home to be with Jesus. Many of these same friends ( and others) have loved ones who became followers of Jesus! Through it all, God was actively involved in our lives. I am now looking forward to 2014, excited about what God has planned!

Prayer: Father, I love You and trust You with my life and the lives of those I love. Thank You for the past year of blessings You have given and lessons You have taught. Thank You for the New Year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment