Thursday, December 19, 2013

Only Trust Him

Today's Divine Mentor Reading: John 5,6

Scripture: "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. (John 5:24 )

Observation: This verse reminds me of  the chorus of an old, traditional hymn: " Only trust Him, only trust Him, only trust Him now. He will save you, He will save you, He will save you now."  To believe is to trust God with everything you value--- to give all you know of yourself to all you know of God.  From that point in your life, for the first time in your life, you are truly alive and will live forever. You belong to God.

Application:   How could anything in my life be more important than this?

Prayer:  Thank you, Holy Spirit, for drawing me to Jesus as a nine year old girl and for the life of joy I have known since then.  Remind me today, God, that " nothing I desire compares with You."

No comments:

Post a Comment