Sunday, December 1, 2013

Divine Mentor- Jesus Knows Best

Romans 5-8
Scripture: Romans 8:27 " Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

Observation: This is an amazing verse which I always overlook on my way to verse 28 ( which I use when trying to make sense out of some painful or frustrating situation). I think I know what I need, so I ask for it and wait for Jesus to take my request to the Father ( after all, He is interceding for me, right?) . Then I wait for God to answer me, and He says yes, no, or wait. Right?
BUT Paul is saying that Jesus bypasses my human mind ( which died with Him anyway at the Cross),  knows the Spirit's mind, knows God's will for me, and brings that to the Father--- and that is why Romans 8:28 is true for the believer!

Application: So, why should I pray? Why bring my requests to my Father? Because Jesus did. God wants to hear my heart, which He already knows- and my voice, which He hears before I speak- but even more than that, He wants to hear Jesus in me.

Prayer: Jesus, thank You for taking my desires to our Father. Help me grow until my every desire aligns with the desire of Your Spirit which lives in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment