Saturday, December 28, 2013

Divine Mentor: Walking in Love: by Laila Wahba

Rev 2.2-6
“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent."

The church in Ephesus seemed to be quite a great church, and the angel of the church of Ephesus- seemed to be a good and conscientious man: toiled in patient endurance ie a hard worker; could not stand sin; tested to make sure that teaching is biblical; evangelized in the name of Jesus, did not grow weary.
Who can ask for more in a minister? in a church worker? in a church administrator or from anybody who is in ministry for hat matter?
Surely The Lord must be really pleased with such a servant. Surely He cannot find fault!!!!!
But sometimes we get so engulfed in ministry that we forget what Christ is all about; what God is all about: God is LOVE. If we do not walk in love, we are not His children, even if we give up our bodies till we burn in ministry (1Cor 13). The one and only thing that sets us apart from others, that shows we are a disciples is love- nothing more, nothing less. It scares me to read that if Ephesus does not go back to love, that Jesus will remove its lamp stand from its place, which He did. Today Ephesus church is in ruins, it no longer exists.

Lord, today as I tarry in your field, let me first and foremost repent of my lack of love. Forgive me for the times I judged others, the times I did not show mercy, the times I was too busy in ministry to see the needs of others. Forgive me for the times I was too busy doing stuff for You that I forgot to love my neighbor, forgive me for the times I thought of some not worthy of love.
I repent today, help me do the works of my first love, when I first came to you many years ago, when all I could think of was to bring a smile to Your Face.
Pour Your love into me by Your Holy Spirit, cause only then will I be able to love others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment