Monday, December 23, 2013

What Did Jesus Pray For Me?

Divine Mentor Reading: John 16-19

Scripture: "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; (John 17:20)

Observation: Jesus knew I would one day believe in Him and trust Him with my life. He prayed for me that I would be faithful. He knew from the beginning of time that His Father was my Father. I don't presume to understand how my free will to choose or not choose was involved, but I know that I am His and that is all that matters. He prayed for ME at a time when the agony of death was imminent.

Application: I pray for others. I pray for their health and safety, healing and freedom from physical pain and sickness, and absence of difficulty and stress in their lives. I doubt that is what Jesus prayed for me. He prayed the same thing He prayed for His disciples: "I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth."(John 17:15-17)

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for loving me even before I loved You. You showed Your love for me by praying to Our Father that I would be faithful in this world and would live and grow in the truth of God's Word all my life on this earth. You did not pray that I would be healthy and that my life would be filled with fun and good times.  Holy Spirit, please guide me to pray for myself and others like Jesus prayed for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment