Saturday, December 28, 2013

Divine Mentor: Call out to The Lamb: by Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading:  Revelation 5-9

When I started reading these chapters, again I was reminded of all the names of Christ.

The book of Revelation as well as all the others books in the Bible point to Christ.

I have read Revelation many times - and this one verse always puzzles me:

Revelation 6:16
And they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the lamb...

The unbelievers in the midst of the tribulation cry out to the rocks to fall on them and kill them.  Their reaction puzzles me.  Why didn't they call out to God to save them???

When I mediated on this verse, I realize many times I do the same thing as the unbelievers in the midst of the tribulation.  When I am faced with conflict or spiritual warfare, instead of looking to God for guidance I look to others for advice.  Also, I will complain or be judgmental about the situation instead of turning to the Word.  I may even sleep when I should be in prayer because I do not want to deal with the conflict. All these unbelievers had to do was seek Christ and He would have given them eternal life.  

My first response and only response in the midst of tribulation should be to call out to THE LAMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment