Tuesday, December 31, 2013

To truly have eternal life

Today’s Reading 12/31/2013
Revelation 19 – 22

My Scripture is Revelation 22:14 KJV

“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.”

This verse summed up my life for me.  I have not been as disciplined as I should in my scripture reading this past year and just this past week I made a promise to myself to be in the word daily in 2014.  This verse reminded me that though our jobs as followers of Christ is to make disciples we must also know the commandments.  I must admit that in my biblical and spiritual goals not once did I consider truly knowing all of the commandments.  I believe in my heart that I have eternal life because I have proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and have been biblically baptized.  This verse tells me that I must do everything required of me to truly have eternal life.

Just as I have set my goals for 2014 in my personal, business and spiritual life I must add learning the commandments.  I have learned that personal and public accountability are great tools that keep me on task.  So I am publically stating that for 2014 and beyond I will take my time with Jesus more serious and make it my number 1 priority and it no longer be as soon as I get time or remember priority.  I desire the gifts that Jesus wants me to have by being His faithful servant.


I pray that I receive the strength necessary to complete everything that is His will. In Jesus’ name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment