Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Follower of Christ Must Follow

Today’s Scriptures (Wednesday, December 18, 2013)
John 2, 3 and 4

John 3:30

“He must increase, but I must decrease”

This is John the Baptist expressing his role in people being born again and believers in Jesus Christ.

Since being born again myself I have been struggling with not harassing people with the word of God.  I know the joy He has brought into my life and I want others around me to feel and know His love.  I remember Pastor Merritt talking about being disciples and that it is our job to introduce people to Jesus and what He has to offer but it is not our job to build the relationship.  This verse spoke volumes to me concerning this subject.  I now get it – it is my job to spread the word, then it is my job to step out of the way and allow Jesus to do His work.


Lord, I pray that you allow me to remember that it is you that must increase and that I must decrease. In Jesus’ name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment