Friday, December 27, 2013

Divine Mentor: Names of Christ: by Debbie McGrath

Reading for Today: Revelation 1-4.

Lately, I have been caught up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas and have missed my time in the Word.  This morning I knew nothing would stop me from being in the Word.  As Revelation states, when you read the Words of Christ you are blessed.

When I read these 4 chapters, I quickly noticed all the names of Christ.  These names reveal the majesty, the power and the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I have listed them (may have missed some), and I mediated on each name and what it meant to me. Which one speaks to you???

1:4     The One who is, who was and who is coming.
1:5     Faithful Witness
1:5     First-born from the dead
1:5     Ruler of the kings of the earth
1:8    The Alpha and the Omega
1:8    The Almighty
1:17  The First and the Last
2:1    The Living One
2:18  Son of God
3:7    Holy One
3:7    True One
3:14  The Amen
3:14  The Faithful
3:14  True Witness
3:14  Originator of God's creation
4:9    One seated on the throne, the One who lives forever and ever


No comments:

Post a Comment