Thursday, February 7, 2013

Acts 14-Could be a Hollywood Movie! Debbie McGrath


February 7, 2013
Today’s Reading:  Lev. 4-6, Acts 14

As I read thru Leviticus  -(which is not easy) I am so grateful that I live in a time that Jesus has already died on the cross for my sins – I am glad I do not have to bring a young bull without defect and slaughter it before the Lord as a sin offering. Seeing all the blood and the priest having to remove all the insides reminds us that sin is so ugly to the Lord.

Acts 14 – Could be a Hollywood Movie!
Scripture:  Acts 14:22…we must go through many persecutions as we enter the kingdom of God.

Observation:  Paul and Barnabas were sharing the gospel in Iconium where a great number of Jews and Gentiles believed. It didn’t take long, the city divided and formed a plot to stone Paul and Barnabas. So they moved on to the next city, which was Lystra where they continued to preach the good news. Because they healed a crippled man, the people of Lystra began to worship Paul and Barnabas. Another distraction from Satan – Paul and Barnabas could have fell to the temptation of being glorified but they knew they were there to glorify Christ and Christ alone. Then some troublemaking Jews arrived from Antioch and Iconium and convinced the people to stone Paul.

Application:  Have we all not been there.  One minute people are singing your praises and the next they are criticizing you. There will be opposition when we serve the Lord!  As Paul and Barnabas did in verse 23 – in order to stay strong in the faith – we have to do the most important thing – stay in the Word!!! We will be knocked down, criticized and our feelings will be hurt - over and over. I am encouraged when I see that after Paul was stoned – HE GOT BACK UP AND SERVED THE LORD!!  When Satan tries to discourage me – I will turn to the Lord and not focus on my circumstances – because my circumstances are temporary.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, allow me to never forget the most important thing in my life – spending time with YOU! Today I want to glorify you thru my actions!


No comments:

Post a Comment