Monday, February 18, 2013

So Close And Yet So Far

Tuesday, February 19, 2013.  Deena Serafin
Today's Reading: Numbers 5-6; Psalm 22; Acts 26
Scripture: Acts 26:28. "Then Agrippa said to Paul, 'You almost persuade me to become a Christian.'"

Observation:
This may be the most heartbreaking verse in the entire Bible. Agrippa obviously believed that Paul was speaking truth, and yet he was unwilling to accept it.

Application :
Why would someone not accept the truth of Jesus today? Pride? Selfishness? Lack of understanding?
Even as a nine year old, I knew Jesus was for real. It breaks my heart to see family and friends who just don't get it; they don't outwardly reject Him---they just don't let Him in. If Paul, the greatest Christian preacher ever, couldn't persuade someone to believe and accept, what can I do with my mere words? Should I just give up? Never! I must go on telling the story and living it, trusting that the Holy Spirit will draw them to Jesus.

Prayer:
Holy Spirit, no one can come to the Father unless they are drawn by You; however, I know that I was drawn to You by the lives of others. May my life and my words draw others to be open to Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment