Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Won't you sit at His feet? Amanda Watts

The scriptures for the day are: Numbers 8,9 and Acts 28

I got my scripture form Numbers 9:18 "at the Lords command the Israelites set out, and at the Lords command they camped. As long as the cloud stayed over the tabernacle, they camped."

In the previous verses we see God's instruction as how to treat and purify the Levites. That He has chosen them and taken them and consecrated them for Himself. It then goes on to tell us that the Israelites would not love unless the prescient of God (the cloud of smoke and pillar of fire) moved. 

My application for this is to wait to move until The Lord moved! That may be in plans, relationships, big decisions, whatever it may be, my decision is to wait prayerfully until He moves. I think we have gotten so far off the mark with busy schedules, plans, committees (did I mention that I'm preaching to me right now!!). With working a 9-5 job and desiring to have some kind of social life in my 20's I do find myself getting wrapped up in the craziness   of life. I'm calling the enemy out on this one and Calli g his bluff. I've been told that Jesus had the same 24 hours that we do, and look at how intentional, prayerful, submissive, and unattached to His schedule! Yes, I know He was the God-man, but He did come to set an example for me an for you. I vow to start with my time in the Word, focusing on not rushing through it just to get a post done, or wrote an answer down so I can participate in bible study  but to truly soak in his presence and allow what I'm reading to transform my heart and mind, to memorize more scripture and be intentional about learning it. 

As busy as my weeks can seem to get, I always come back to the peace I find in spending time with my Jesus. Remember that the enemy will try to distract you with anything he can, and he knows how to push out buttons. So the challenge for this week is to protect the time you choose to spend with Jesus, don't move until He moves:)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment