Monday, February 25, 2013

I Want Even More of You

Monday, February 25, 2013  
Today's Reading: Numbers 17-18; Psalm 29; Mark 4
Scripture:
Mark 4:25 " For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."

Observation:
This verse seems difficult to understand, and even a little unfair, but it is surrounded by parables of sowing and growing seeds. Soil that is receptive to seed will nurture those seeds and produce a crop. This crop will in turn produce more seeds, which will produce even more of the crop. A soil which is hard, dry, or rocky will not allow the seed to grow ; therefore, the sower will no longer attempt to produce a crop from that soil.

Application:
Our walk with God begins with Him, not us. We cannot know Him unless the Holy Spirit first draws us to Him. My walk with him, however, will deepen only to the extent that I desire to know Him better.  My part is to put aside everything else and spend time with Him in prayer and in His Word. If I fail to do that, I will, in time, lose even the relationship I have with Him now.

Prayer:
Dear Father, it is only by Your grace that I know You at all, but I desire so much more. Draw me closer to You each day, precious Lord. Do not allow me to be content with a few verses and a short prayer, but increase my desire to know You, not just to know more about You.  You are my very life.

No comments:

Post a Comment