Friday, February 1, 2013

Open Your Mouth: Deena Serafin


Feb. 1, 2013
Today’s Reading:  Exodus 30-32, Acts 8
Open Your Mouth – Deena Serafin

Scripture Chosen:
Acts 8:37 "Then Philip opened his mouth and, beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him."
Observation:
The Holy Spirit sent Philip to Ethiopia for one man riding in a chariot reading God's word. Philip did 3 things: 1)opened his mouth, 2)spoke God's word, 3)talked about Jesus. He used the Old Testament- the New hadn't been written yet! In fact, the author of most of the New Testament was still on a mission to kill believers. The Ethiopian believed and was baptized, Philip left, and the Ethiopian went his way rejoicing ( I'm guessing that Philip was also rejoicing).
Application:
More people than we realize are hungry to hear the story of Jesus. The Holy Spirit is preparing their hearts to believe. I need to open my mouth, speak God's word, and introduce them to my Jesus. It's not complicated.
Prayer:
Holy Spirit, lead me to someone today who is waiting to hear about Jesus, and then help me to open my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment