Wednesday, January 30, 2013


What Sustains You?

Scripture Memory for the week: I'm choosing to be transparent through this blog and share that I am no good at scripture memory, so I'm going to use this as a virtual accountability. 

For this week I've chosen Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." 

Nuggets: "Waiting through the process has value to the outcome.  Try not to focus so much on where you're going and miss out of so many blessings along the way." Like that child in the backseat of a never-ending road trip. "Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet." I think impatience can hinder us from experiencing God's grace in the midst of unanswered prayers, struggles, hardship, wondering, and so many situations.  

There has been a lot that I've learned this week!!! I think the most prominent thing is that truly through Christ, I can do all things. You may ask the question, "how?" Psalm 55:22 tells us that we can "cast our burdens on the Lord and HE WILL SUSTAIN US; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." 

I know in this season in my life I'm asking a lot of questions...."what is my next career move?", "when will I meet my husband?", "will I ever become registered as a dietitian and get to practice?". All these questions and many more, ring in my head daily.  I'll confess, I'm your typical Type A personality type, I like to know when things will take place so I can properly prepare for them. One thing I find infuriating is when it seems like I have no control over a situation and I know that there is nothing I can do to change it.  

This is where that sustaining grace that the psalmist speaks to comes into play and give us a peace that can truly surpass all understanding.  I'm learning that even through the most impossible situations, when it seems like God  doesn't move or speak that I am still serving a God who is capable of immeasurably more than anything I can ever think or desire (Ephesians 3:20). If you've never read the book of Ester I suggest it. In that book, God's name is not mentioned ONCE! But what I've learned through studies like Beth Moore's is that even when God is not present He is always working behind the scenes! 



1 comment: