Monday, January 14, 2013

Closer to Christ in 2013



Closer to Christ in 2013:  Plan
Last night at our Women's Event - we were challenged to grow closer to God in 2013.  In order to carry this out, I must come up with a plan. For Noah to build the ark and complete the project God gave him a plan. As I prayed, God showed me areas in my life that I need to change.
1.  Gratitude: this year I plan on thanking God for the things I already have.  Each morning I wake up, I will look at each day as a gift and another day to serve Christ.
2.  Forgive:  I must let go of the past.  I will forgive those who have hurt or angered me. Not forgiving someone is like carrying a poison around with me everyday.
3.  Love:  To tell the people in my life who mean so much to me that I love them and appreciate them.
4.  Praise: Make time to praise - To Praise my Savior for all the blessings He has given me. Also, to look for and recognize the good in others.
5. Care:  If you were to ask me to name the five wealthiest people in the world or the last five Miss America pageant winners I couldn't. Neither could I identify the last 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize or the last half dozen Academy Award Winners.
But I can name at least 5 people who have made a difference in my life. They do not have a lot of credentials, money or awards but the one thing they had in common - they cared. They took the time to invest in my life because they cared. Take the time to reach out and encourage others.
6. Communication - The most obvious is to spend time at the feet of my savior daily. To have daily communication with my Savior thru spending time in His Word.
What is your plan to draw closer to Christ in 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment