Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Comment by Marissa


I tried to post this comment to the blog. I am committing to be more involved and dedicated to this purpose this year... so...
Today's Reading: Genesis 1-2, Luke 1
Scripture: Genesis 1:1-2
In the beginning, Gold created the heavens and the earth. 2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
I'm thankful for "beginnings" as I read this scripture today. I think of time and how it is relevant to beginnings and in my human mind I see so many opportunities for us to realize, re-evaluate, reconcile, and regroup... for a fresh start or new beginning! Incredibly convenient that there is a beginning to each hour, day, month, and year?? I think not... for our God is deliberate.
I pray that as we enter a new year that I will make the most of this new beginning. I'm thankful that when I stumble that tomorrow is also a new day and therefore another new beginning... so I also pray that God will help my spirit to refrain from guilt (thus enabling me to move forward in my daily reading and journalism) when my flesh requires a new beginning. Amen.
Thanks for the blog spot and for the dedication you put into encouraging God's time... in each of us.
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment