Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dear Lord, Here I am - Send Me!


January 22, 2013
Scripture Reading:  Exodus 3-5, Luke 22

Scripture:
Exodus 4:10- Moses said to the Lord, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.  I am slow of speech and tongue.”

Observation:
God has asked Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.  In order to do this, first he will speak to the Israelite elders than to Pharaoh.  When God told him what he needed to do, Moses immediately said – “send someone else!”  Immediately Moses looked at himself and his weakness instead of looking to God.

Application: 
When God ask me to do something – I am quick to think of my short-comings.  My thought process goes something like this, I can’t fill those shoes, this is a huge job, what will others think of me when I mess up and the list goes on.  My attitude is not a humble one – it is one of pride and unbelief. The problem is my heart attitude - I look at myself instead of God. Truly, there is no reason to tell God all my weaknesses – He already knows them!  In humility, I should say – the God who made me – is able to use my gifts and abilities He has given me  - to accomplish the tasks He gives me. I must remember who I serve – I serve I AM!  God will never lead me where His power can’t enable me – I must walk in faith, so that others can see His glory.

Prayer: 
The next time I have the privilege to serve you – I pray my heart attitude is “Here I am – send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment