Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Enoch - Walked with God


I woke early this morning - there is perfect silence in our home - this is my favorite time to spend with my Savior!


 Today's  Reading:  Genesis 3-5, Luke 2

Scripture that spoke to me: 
Genesis 5:24 – Enoch walked with God.

Observation: Enoch believed in God, walked with God and went to be with God.  Enoch lived right before the flood when the world was full of violence and wickedness.  It was not a popular thing to teach about God during Enoch’s time.  Enoch spent a lot of time with God because in Jude 14-15 – Enoch prophesied to other men – “See the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”  For Enoch to know this He had to spend a lot of time with God – talking with Him, worshipping Him, and listening to Him.

Application:  I truly desire for others to say – “she walked with God.”
To walk with God – I believe the first step is to be in the Word daily.  Asking God to open my eyes to His Will for my life.
Praying constantly – be in constant communication with God.
While I am praying, I must listen and ask God to direct my paths.  Enoch was focused daily on God to have such wisdom.

Prayer:  Give me a hunger to spend time with you like never before.
I know you will answer this prayer, and I am excited to see what you bring into my life in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment