Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weeping for the Lost : by Amanda Watts


Hi Ladies! I’m so excited to walk through this year in God’s word. What an amazing way to begin a fresh, new year than walking with Jesus.  This is officially my first blog post and I’m excited to share what The Lord laid on my heart as I was reading through today’s scriptures. 

Today’s scriptures come from Genesis 42, 43; Psalm 5; and Luke 17.  I love learning more and more about Joseph’s character through these bible truths.  Here we pick up and Joseph has been elevated to the highest position in pharaoh’s kingdom in Egypt.  And at this same time there is a famine in the land and everybody had to come to buy grain and supplies from Egypt. Joseph’s main job is to oversee the selling of Egypt’s supplies. If you’ve been reading along in previous chapters, we know that Joseph’s brothers have been sent to Egypt by their father to gather supplies and grains.  I love how God allows Joseph to recognize his brothers, but they are blinded to recognizing Joseph.  This would be a great time for some pay-back for how Joseph’s brothers treated him, but instead he ends up getting emotional! I wonder what those true emotions were like did he ever feel angry, sad, forgiveness, love??? In the portion of scripture that I chose to write about today it says that Joseph had to go into the inner room to weep while he was in the presence of his brothers because he was overwhelmed with emotion.

Had anyone ever been overwhelmed with emotion…I think every man and woman reading this can relate.  Just that feeling of uncontrollable emotion, you feeling crying and killing someone all at the same time!  I can’t imagine that he didn’t want to just come out and say, “It’s me, your brother, I’m Joseph, remember the one you sold and left for dead! Yeah, now who’s going to be left for dead!?” But he didn’t, Joseph brought his entire family back together, fed them, clothed them, and supplied them with whatever they needed.

My prayer for y’all and myself is that we would become so overwhelmed with emotion for those that are lost, hurting, and just flat out don’t know Jesus that we would have to excuse ourselves to weep. 

There is a time for everything right? I believe in allowing to Holy Spirit to work this way in our lives will allow a deeper, more intimate relationship with our Lord and allow us to know His heart more. 

So open up your hearts today to allow that emotion to flow freely, this may be difficult for some. Some of you may have a lot of emotion bottled up inside from Lord knows what. 

Well my prayer for you is that you allow God to soften your heart to healing. I’m so expectant to see how this blog will be used to reach women and men and how He’s going to use each of you!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amanda, Thank you for writing this blog. It made me really question my compassion for the lost. I am def. praying God gives me a greater passion for the lost.

    ReplyDelete