Saturday, January 26, 2013

Give me Boldness like Peter!


Give Me Boldness like Peter! 
by: Debbie McGrath

January 27, 2013
Today’s Scripture Reading:
Exodus 17-20, Acts 3

Scripture that spoke to me: 
Acts 3:19 – Peter talking – Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out…

Observation:
Is this the same Peter who denied Christ three times??
Peter and John thru the name of Christ healed a crippled man who was sitting at the temple gates.  Everyone who saw this crippled man walking was filled with wonder and amazement.
Peter immediately used this opportunity to share Christ.

First, he identified the source of the miracle.
Peter used several names and titles for our Lord – in front all the people in the temple courts – he said: Jesus, Christ, the Son of God, Author of Life and Holy and Righteous One.

Then he reminded his audience that they had denied Christ and crucified Him.  But he did leave them without hope – he told them that their sins would be wiped out if they repented and turned to God.

Application:
Wow!!  How I truly desire to be so bold in sharing my faith!!
I know there is power in the name of Jesus, so I should not be silent or stand in fear when I have an opportunity to witness to others. 

Prayer:
Forgive me for the many times I have been silent.
When the next opportunity comes to share my faith,
 Lord give me the boldness to share in Your Name!









No comments:

Post a Comment