Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year in the Word of God

Join me this year as we go thru the Bible together - this year commit to developing a lifelong habit of being in God's word daily.  As we look ahead to the beginning of a new year, where better to start than the beginning ... of everything.  The book of Genesis is the beginning of the Bible and the starting point of mankind's history. Likewise, for many people January 1st is the starting point of a fresh commitment to read through the Bible.

We will be following The Divine Mentor Reading Plan by Wayne Cordeiro.
Join me and others as you will be meeting some of our best friends in the Bible.



Today's Reading: Genesis 1-2, Luke 1
 Scripture: Genesis 1:1-2
    In the beginning, Gold created the heavens and the earth. 2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Observation:  The rest of chapter 1, we see Elohim – He reveals his power by creating everything by merely speaking the word. God provides us with everything – the sun to enjoy, the rain for our plants, food to nourish us, nature to enjoy its beauty, progression of seasons, millions of varieties of plants and the list goes on.

Application: I have the privilege to live in a world filled with God’s creation. How often do I drive right through the busyness of my days and miss the beauty of Gods creation? How many moments of glory do I not even see because my eyes are on the mundane? Do I even look for it?  Also, I realize, I take so much for granted that I am ashamed.  Food is plentiful in my home; I have clothes to wear and a comfortable bed to sleep in.  God has been so faithful and generous to me – beyond anything I truly deserve.  I should walk in a state of humbleness, gratitude and praise of my Creator for His precious treasures He has given to me.

Prayer:  Lord forgive me for being so ungrateful and taking what you have given me for granted.  




No comments:

Post a Comment