Monday, January 21, 2013

The Time is Near!




Jan. 21, 2013
Exodus 1, 2 - Psalm 88 - Luke 21

As I was reading all these great scriptures with so much hope and promise, it was really hard to narrow it down. Excellent read on Moses mother - what a Godly woman with so much faith. You have to give Miriam credit - she just walked right up to Pharaoh's daughter.  Psalm 88 was a little depressing but through it all - the author knew God was his Salvation.

Please share your journal entry from today - you can do it thru the comments or send it to me so I can post it.  Your insights could be a blessing to someone else today.

Scripture: Luke 21:31
Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

Observation: When you read this chapter, it is obvious we have seen these things take place.  Today, we live in a time of war, earthquakes, hurricanes, famines and sickness.  Christians are being persecuted and killed for their faith.  We have two options: live in fear and be terrified of what is to come next or we wait with anticipation for the return of our Lord.

Application: Today, I chose to live like my Lord is coming back tomorrow or even today.  I chose to live for eternity and not for the temporary.  No matter what my circumstances are today – I will sing praises to my Lord because I know where I will spend eternity. I look so forward to being at the banquet table with my Lord and my Christian friends. Even though the world around me looks dark – I chose to look vertical and worship my Savior.

Prayer: 
Thank you Lord for your Word that is full of promises and hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment