Friday, January 4, 2013

Jesus went out to a solitary place...


January 4th, 2013

Today's Scripture Reading:  
Genesis 9-11, Luke 4

Scripture that spoke to me: Luke 4:42
At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place…

Observation:  Jesus spent time with His Father early in the morning.
What a long day he had – In Capernaum he taught in the synagogue, 
he cast out many demons, he healed people with various diseases. 
He had taken the time to be apart of the lives of others. 
Christ had a very busy life - His plate was full!!!

Application: We are to imitate Christ- (Ephesians 5:1).  If Jesus needed solitude for prayer and refreshment, how much more is this true for me? I can become so busy in my life – “doing good” – that I leave no room for fellowship with God.  I cannot miss spending time with God – this is where I find my strength, my peace and joy.  God also gives me direction for each day so I am not a hamster on a wheel.  If I am too busy to spend time with God than I am too busy.   
Spending time with God is my lifeline to a purpose filled life.

Prayer: Dear Lord, this New Year – my desire is to spend daily time with you!

1 comment:

  1. If you are receiving this in your email - please let me know what time you got it.
    Thanks - we are still working on the site.

    ReplyDelete