Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Constantly Praying - Acts 12:5


Constantly Praying by:  Deena Serafin

Today's Reading:  Exodus39,40: Psalm 15, Acts 12

Verse chosen from the reading:

Acts 12:5  
"Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church."

Observation:
The church in Acts was a handful of people meeting in someone's house, often in danger of imprisonment themselves. They knew the power of prayer, having seen Peter and others miraculously freed from prison before. They didn't have books about prayer- they didn't even have the New Testament. They were the New Testament!  They prayed constantly.

Application:
I talk a lot about God. I love to talk a lot about Jesus. I serve a lot in my church. I read a lot of books about spiritual things. But, I don't pray constantly. I don't even pray a lot.

If God came today to my house, I would stop everything to sit and talk to Him, listen to Him, from the moment He came in until the moment He left. I would turn off my phone, my iPad, my TV, and even my Christian radio station. It would be an incredible day---one that would forever change me.

Prayer:
O God, You ARE here with me every day. You are the Living God, omnipresent in my life. What am I waiting for?? Today I will pray constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment