Saturday, February 9, 2013

Too Busy to Share? by Deena Serafin


February 9
Today's Reading: Leviticus 10-12; Acts 16

Scripture:  Acts 16:28  "But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, 'Do no harm, for we are all here.'"

Observation:
Once again, God had opened the prison doors for Paul and the others to escape. This time, however,
a Philippian jailer and his family came to know Jesus because the men cared more for  him than for their escape from prison.

Application:
We SO value this earthly life and our freedom, and both are gifts from God for which we should be very grateful; however, how willing would I be to give up either to bring one person to Christ? I confess that every day there are times when I am unwilling to give 30 minutes to share with another person because I am so "busy" shopping for groceries or working out in the gym. I say that I believe Christ is more important than life itself, but does my life demonstrate that belief?

Prayer:
Father, there are people all around me who would listen and believe. I ask you to compel me to share my story of your love and redemption with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment