Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bible App- Amanda Watts

So, I've straying from the "walk through the Bible" theme this week, but I have good reason and if you'll bear with me you'll see why:)

I have one of those bible apps on my iphone and each morning I am able to look at it and the app will give me a "random" scripture for the day. Now I'm not one for flipping/thumbing through the bible and pointing my finger in random places each day and claiming that is what the Lord had for me that day. Don't get me wrong He IS capable of working in that way, but He is so much more of a relational God!

I find this app helpful because it allows me to not only read the Bible on the go but I can search for specific scriptures, and it provides FREE, yes I said FREE, translations of the bible at my fingertip.  I'm rambling...here is what I got today...

Psalm 18:30 " This God - His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him."    WOW!!!!

Let dig into this a little.

1) This God: I love how the Lord of the universe identifes himself through David. David had just escaped the pursuit of king Saul.  It feels personal and intimate.
2) We have a promise...that His plan is perfect. PERIOD!
3) Again we see reassurance that the word of God is inerrant, perfect and true
4) That He is a shield, protection, and a refuge.

This was perfect for me today and I hope that He can use it in your life this morning, afternoon, or whenever you're getting to this:)

Going through uncertain times can be hard, heart breaking, and scary. I'm holding fast to the hope that Jesus offers in His scriptures and continuing to claim them daily, reminding Him just as the great patriarchs (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph) did. He loves and delights for us to remind Him, He never forgets His promises or goes back on them and He delights in us when we bring them to Him.


Resting on the promises of Jesus:)


ps...the app is you're curious is called "Bible" 

No comments:

Post a Comment