Friday, February 22, 2013

Jesus Was Never Too Busy For God

Friday, February 22, 2013   Deena Serafin
Today's Reading: Numbers 10-11; Mark 1
Scripture: Mark 1:35  "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place, and then He prayed. "

Observation:
Jesus knew the importance of getting away and spending time with His Father in prayer. His power was dependent on His relationship with God because He was fully human, just like us.  I would also think that, as the Son of God, He just loved talking with His Father- not for what He could get from His Father, but just because He loved Him.

Application:
I wonder if Mark included this incident in his writings because he struggled, like me, to find time away with God. When I am too "busy" to spend time in prayer and reading His Word, am I not saying that what I am doing is more important than what Jesus did on a daily basis?
Before I try the excuse that life is "busier" now than it was when Jesus lived, I have to ask myself this question: " If Jesus had been born into my world instead of 2000 years ago, would He still have "risen a long while before daylight" to be with God?  Yes, He would.

Prayer:
Father, if I truly love you and desire to know You better, I will spend more time with You. Draw me by your Holy Spirit away from the things that seem urgent and important to me and others.  You are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment