Monday, February 18, 2013

"To live is Christ and to die is gain." The Apostle Paul


Feb. 19 - 2013
Numbers 5, 6; Psalm 22; Acts 26
 Debbie McGrath

Title:  To live is Christ and to die is gain - The Apostle Paul

Scripture that spoke to me: Acts 26:24
At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense,
“You are out of your mind, Paul!” he shouted…

Observation: 
As Festus was listening to Paul’s testimony, he thought Paul was a nutcase!  Festus would never believe in the resurrection of a dead man.  Festus could not understand why anyone would choose a life that brought less pleasure but more suffering. We all know how Paul felt: - “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Those on the outside thought this was crazy.

Application: 
In the world we live in today, it is acceptable to be crazy over wealth, power, science, pleasure and athletics. But to be fervent about spiritual things is madness.  How I desire to live like Paul!!  His eyes were fixed on the eternal and not the temporary.  Paul and I have the same beliefs - but I have not carried my faith to its logical end like Paul.  I desire, to have a spiritual resemblance of Paul.  I am here for the purpose of reaching others, so that they will open their eyes and turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.  That is my high calling and privilege. 

Prayer:
Lord, help me not to worry about what people think – I would love for someone to say I am crazy about Jesus.  Remind me daily of who I am and who I am in Christ.  Give me the courage to speak the truth of the gospel to those who need to hear it so desperately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment