Thursday, February 14, 2013

Is your time with God a ritual or a relationship?? debbie McGrath


Readings for February 15, 2013
Lev. 25, Psalm 25-26; Acts 22


Scripture that spoke to me:
 Psalm 25:5
Guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Observation:  David expressing his desire to God for guidance.

Application:  How do I receive guidance – by sitting at the feet of Jesus daily.  As I read God’s word – I pray that He gives me insights so I can have wisdom in my day-to-day decisions. (He loves to  answer that prayer!).

By spending time in the Word – I truly realize my only hope is in Jesus Christ. And the best part of spending time with God is that I can be transparent and vulnerable.  My time with God is rest for my soul in the busyness of my crazy day. I must realize my time with God is not a ritual it is a relationship. Christ desires to spend quality time with me!! That is amazing!

 Can you imagine saying no to God when He is waiting on us every morning?

Prayer:  Thank you, that in our time together you provide a spiritual feeding that is so satisfying to my soul. Forgive me for the times I rush thru or missed our time together.  Those are usually the days - I am controlled by my emotions and circumstances.






No comments:

Post a Comment