Monday, March 4, 2013

Do not be Discouraged! Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading(March 5) - Deuteronomy 1-2, Mark 12

Scripture that spoke to me:
Deuteronomy 1:21- Do not be discouraged.

Observation:  Moses was referring to all the Israelites because they were discouraged about entering the Promise Land.  They were discouraged because they looked thru their earthly eyes at all the obstacles in the Promise Land.  They forgot that God had promised this land to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and to them.

Application:  It is so easy to get discouraged and then to wallow in it. People and circumstances will always disappoint us.  I just had a situation this past weekend, I was discouraged.  I let myself become consumed with the thoughts of disappointment - which is never good.  But thru these scriptures this morning - Gd is showing me that a mature Christian woman does not give up because of discouragement.  Paul tells us in Philippians 3:13 - forget what lies behind and strain toward what is ahead.  I am encouraged by these words - to press on toward the goal because my hope is in Jesus.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, forgive me for wanting to quit what you have called me to do because I was discouraged.  Today, I pray that my mind and heart is focused on your greatness and your call for my life.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your incite to be aware of discouragement & not let that steal our joy, we are responsible for our own emotions to what ever we are going through but it is so much easier to blame it on the one who disappointed us. We are not to let go of our mountains of emotions on each other but to give them to JESUS who is just waiting to take them & free us of those poisonous attitudes & strength to press on as you said and be free of them.

    ReplyDelete