Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Promised Land - Deena Serafin

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 3-4; Psalm 36; Mark 13

Scripture:
Deut. 4:7, 9: " For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us....?" " Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart.... And teach them to your children and your grandchildren."

Observation:
Moses was not going into the Promised Land with his people, so he gave these important words to them: 1)Be aware of your special calling by God; 2) remember and keep God's commandments;
3) teach these to your children and grandchildren.

Application:
When I was nine, the Holy Spirit used a counselor at summer camp to lead me to salvation- God's "Promised Land." Many times since that day I have 1) forgotten the incredible grace of God who chose me; 2) known what to do but have gone my own way; 3) failed to be a living testimony and share my story with my family. Just as the Israelite nation, I have suffered consequences for my disobedience and missed out on blessings due to my unfaithfulness. I know that, just as God kept his covenant promise to Abraham, He will be faithful to keep me as His forever.

Prayer:
Lord God, thank you that my salvation is by grace and not anything I need to earn. Thank you for the assurance that, even in my unfaithfulness, you are eternally faithful.

1 comment:

  1. It is comforting to know others do the same thing I do, even though we know better. Your prayer is so pertinent to today because things are happening so fast & the world we grew up in is so different & hard to deal with, If we did not have a merciful FATHER we would have no hope. I do not want to go back to my first 55 years in anyway shape or form. Amen we do not have to.

    ReplyDelete