Monday, March 18, 2013

The Desire of My Heart

Monday, March 18, 2013
Today's Reading: Joshua 1,2; Psalm 37; I Corinthians 3
Scripture: Ps. 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Observation:
The "also" refers back to verse 3 which says to "trust in the Lord and do good." So, first trust Him and then be totally satisfied and content in that trust --- at that point, the desires of His heart will become the desires of your heart.

Application:
What are the desires of my heart? Most of them center around the spiritual lives of my children and grandchildren. Also, at the end of each day, I desire to look back and say I walked more closely with my God than the day before. In all honesty, however, the majority of my thoughts and concerns which take me through each day are often no different than those of someone who does not follow Christ. I have a long way to go.

Prayer:
Father, my deepest desires are not always reflected in my daily words and actions. Convict me by Your Holy Spirit when my wants and perceived needs are so much less than what You desire for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment