Saturday, March 16, 2013

The only necessary thing - spending time in the Word - Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading:  Deuteronomy 30-31, Psalm 40, 1 Corinthians 1

Today was a hard day to spend time in the Word.  I am getting ready to go out of town this weekend and I have so much to do.  My mind is filled with distractions.  

Scripture that spoke to me:  Psalm 40:8
I desire to do your will, O My God your law is within my heart.

Observation:  Because I am a grateful  follower and believer of Jesus Christ, I truly desire to do the will of God.

Application: I know that God has called me to obey and serve Him.  I know that I am called to share His message to others. Unfortunately, I find myself distracted with "other agendas."  I truly desire to love the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind; but even as I am meditating on His Word this morning, my flesh is being pulled.  I have to remind myself, the most important part of my day is spending time with Jesus.  How can I know God's will for my life, if I don't spend time listening and talking with Him.  The distractions in my life will always be there.  But when I spend time alone with God in His word, He releases a fountain of refreshment from the very core of my being.  I truly know that God's will for my life is too spend un-rushed time with Him.  When I do this, I know He will put His law and love within my heart.

Prayer:  Praying that I talk with you Lord constantly throughout the day - asking for wisdom and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment