Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jesus Was Cursed For Me

Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 19-21; Galatians 3
Scripture: Galatians 3:13 " Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us..."
                  Deut. 21:23c. " for he who is hanged is accursed of God."

Observation:
The Law, given by God to His chosen people, was a curse, because no one could keep it. Paul quotes Deuteronomy to show that the Jews were now out from under the curse of death which would come from their failure to keep the Law. Jesus became the curse and paid the price which we all would have paid.

Application:
I don't understand it all, but I do know that Paul understood it perfectly. When he chased believers and turned them in to be killed, he thought he was following God's law. When Jesus confronted him on the Damascus Road, Paul saw the fulfillment of all he had been waiting for! For me, it means that there is nothing I can do to make God love or accept me more than He already does because of His grace toward me which enables me to trust Jesus.

Prayer:
Jesus, thank you for willingly giving Your life for me so that I may live eternally, out from under the curse of not being able to earn my own way into God's favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment