Thursday, March 28, 2013

Has the Lord not gone ahead of you? Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading: March 28, 2013
Judges 4-5, Psalm 39, 41, 1 Corinthians 13

The verse that really spoke to me today was Judges 4:14


S: Then Deborah said to Barak, "Go this is the day the Lord has given Sisera (enemy of Israel)into your hands. Has the Lord not gone ahead of you?".....

Observation:  Deborah was a Jewish woman and the only female Judge of Israel. She served God faithfully and was led by Him.  Because of her tremendous faith she encouraged others to obey God. (What a great mentor to look up to!)  Deborah told Barak, the Lord had already gone
ahead of him and the battle was won!

Application:  I love the part of the verse where it says - Has the Lord not gone ahead of you???  That is so encouraging.  When I step out into new, unfamiliar circumstances I have to believe the Lord has already gone ahead of me.  He will take care of the obstacles in my life. If they are not gone, He will lead me thru them and my faith will grow stronger because of them.  As I write today for the upcoming Women's Retreat - I do believe the Lord has gone before me.  I could look at the obstacles and focus on my weakness but today I chose to believe the Lord has gone before me.  He will give me the perfect words for that day and He will prepare the ladies hearts.  Best part - He will be glorified!!

Prayer: I am so grateful to serve a God who cares so much about me - He goes before me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment