Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Paul said: Imitate Me. by Debbie McGrath

Scripture Reading for today:
Joshua 3-6, 1 Corinthians 4

Scripture that spoke to Me:
1 Corinthians 4:16:  Paul - therefore I urge you to imitate me.

Observation:  Paul was the founder of the Corinthian church.  Paul's goal was to teach the Christians how to live for Christ in a corrupt society.Paul told them they should imitate him.  Paul could make this statement because he walked so closely to God.  He spent time in the word and in prayer.  Paul's life was an example to other Christians.

Application: Wow - immediately I ask myself could others follow my life and see Christ in my daily walk? I know I would fall short daily. Many times my thoughts, attitudes, actions, etc.., are not what others would call Christ like. I do know it is possible with the Lord's help to model's Christ way of living.

Prayer:  Allow me to be constantly aware of Your presence in my life.  I need the power of the Holy Spirit to imitate YOU Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment