Saturday, January 11, 2014

Divine Mentor: All I Have I Owe To You By: Ziahlita Peterson

Today’s Reading
Genesis 27-28
Psalms 4
Luke 11

My Scripture is Genesis 28:22 (HCSB)

“This stone that I have set up as a marker will be God’s house, and I will give to You a tenth of all that You give me.”

Objective:
God told Jacob of all the blessings he has planned for him.  Jacob made a covenant with God to give back a tenth of everything God blesses him with.  It was at that stone that he received the dream of his blessings so the stone is a reminder of the covenant he made with God for his blessings.  This is for us to remember to give a tenth of what God blesses us with.  Sometimes we tend to forget that though we go out and work for our finances it is God that has given us the talent and opportunity to make those finances no matter how small or large.

Application:
I have to admit this is something I have done ever since accepting Pastor Merritt’s challenge over a year ago to tithe consistently.  I believe this verse spoke to me to remind me because God has big plans and blessings in stored for me this year.  He has been telling me to be prepared for where my life is going and though I have been able to tithe with my small blessings I need to be reminded to tithe when my financial blessings grow.  I am actually looking forward to being able to do more in my financial giving so through my time with God this past year and a half my heart gets excited with the thought of being able to be used to bless others.

Prayer:
Lord, please continue to keep my heart thirsting for you.  Just as Jacob made a covenant to give a tenth of everything you bless him with so do I.  Thank you for all you have blessed me with. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment